Tuesday 29 October 2013

Shooting stars

I've been wanting to make some corn fritters for my boy for a while. I decided to grate some carrot into them for a little extra veg too.

This is how I made them:

1 x 125g can of creamed corn

1 x grated carrot

1 1/4 cups plain flour

1/2 cup milk

2 lightly beaten eggs

1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all together and add tablespoon full into a frying pan with a little oil. Cook for a few mins each side until golden brown.

Can't get much easier than that hey! Plus you can easily add in extra veg, herbs and spices.

I wondered whether putting the mix in a cookie cutter would work, kind of like you do when making eggs into the rings. I chose a star as it was a good size for his little hands.

It worked but was kind of awkward to get the fritter out to flip it! My mum suggested flouring the cutter to make it easier (I just oiled it) so will definitely try that next time.

I was quite happy with them anyway and I'm sure my son wouldnt mind them being a little rough. What to do with them though! I was going to do a space theme but the plate I have was too small, so I got out some cheese and sliced it up thinly to make shooting stars!! Simple!

After adding the cheese it really needed something green so I boiled up some peas to add a little something to it. Looked fantastic and was such a simple lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment